Image Map

Monday, May 26, 2014

Review: Pigeon English by Stephen Kelman



This book gave me a hard time to start and finish. Another book that I had to read this year for school. I have to admit that I really hated this book.

The story is about Harri Opoku, hes in 7th grade and in the beginning of the book a guy (he barely knows but calls him his friend) gets killed. The book is basically about him trying to "investigate" with his friend Dean to find out who killed the guy.

The writing was horrible. The story is told from Harrison's perspective and he just jumps from subject to subject just suddenly. I personally think 75% of that book is just bla bla bla. It is like the author was just trying to fill in the pages. At some point the pigeon Harri befriends starts "talking". How the pigeon talks is kinda poetic. Only thing I liked about the book.

I seriously did not like this book and I dont recommend anyone to read it.

My rating is 1 out of 5 stars on goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment