Image Map

Friday, May 30, 2014

Review: Splintered by A.G. Howard.



Uploading this again because my internet did not upload it the first time.

So this story is about Alyssa Gardner. She is a descendant of Alice Liddell, the little girl who inspired "Alice's Adventures in wonderland." By going down in the rabbit hole. Basically her family has a curse. And thanks to that curse her mother is suffering, and she might go down the same path. To break this curse she has to go to wonderland and break it there. But wonderland is nothing as it seems...

The story is told from Alyssa's point of view and the plot is really fast because I think the whole story happens in a weekend? It just goes by really fast. And if it was by my choice I wouldn't have put the book down and just have finished it in one sitting. But school as always gets in the middle.


I really liked the writing and how things were described and the paintings and landscapes and all the characters. Amazing.

I think Alyssa did some really bad and fast decisions like not thinking things through first and just going by nice words that morpheus said.

I was mad at Jeb in the beginning for the whole Tae thing but later in the book I started liking his character a lot.

Morpheus. Well what a bastard and a lil devil he is. I did not like him and everything was always physical with him so he's a no no.

I think the best part is kind of in the ending where all of the plot twists just come hitting you and the face and you're like woah after woah.

I really loved this book. I love and enjoy fairy tales/story retellings. And this one was an amazing retelling of an amazing sotry.

My rating is of 4 out of 5 stara on good reads and I recommend it to anyone who likes retellings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment