Image Map

Monday, July 28, 2014

Review: An Abundance of Katherines by John Green



Katherine V thought boys were gross
Katherine X just wanted to be friends
Katherine XVIII dumped him in an e-mail
K-19 broke his heart
When it comes to relationships, Colin Singleton's type happens to be girls named Katherine. And when it comes to girls named Katherine, Colin is always getting dumped. Nineteen times, to be exact.

On a road trip miles from home, this anagram-happy, washed-up child prodigy has ten thousand dollars in his pocket, a bloodthirsty feral hog on his trail, and an overweight, Judge Judy-loving best friend riding shotgun--but no Katherines. Colin is on a mission to prove The Theorem of Underlying Katherine Predictability, which he hopes will predict the future of any relationship, avenge Dumpees everywhere, and finally win him the girl. Love, friendship, and a dead Austro-Hungarian archduke add up to surprising and heart-changing conclusions in this ingeniously layered comic novel about reinventing oneself.


Another John Green book! I would say hooray because I love John Green books. But this one. I'll just say woo. Because I expected a lot more of course.

The plot... well with John Green I always get so caught up and addicted just from the first pages and then I cant stop flipping the pages. But this one, it felt like it was just someone else's book. It may be because I have really high expectations about John Green. But I got interested in the plot about 60% in the book. It is a good story and all but I didnt get so caught into it.
All of the huge information parts that Colin said most of the times, it really annoyed me. And besides that all of the Anagrams and I found the idea of the Theorem kind of stupid.

The writing style was okay. But I really like the John Green where you can quote beautiful sentences from better.

I loved Hassan, and Lindsey, she was one of the main reasons I was into this book after all, I always thought she was waaaaay more interesting than Colin.

I wouldn't recommend this book. Just if you want to read it, then do :)

★★★ on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment