Image Map

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Review: Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell



In Rainbow Rowell's Fangirl, Cath is a Simon Snow fan. Okay, the whole world is a Simon Snow fan, but for Cath, being a fan is her life--and she's really good at it. She and her twin sister, Wren, ensconced themselves in the Simon Snow series when they were just kids; it's what got them through their mother leaving.

Reading. Rereading. Hanging out in Simon Snow forums, writing Simon Snow fan fiction, dressing up like the characters for every movie premiere.

Cath's sister has mostly grown away from fandom, but Cath can't let go. She doesn't want to.
Now that they're going to college, Wren has told Cath she doesn't want to be roommates. Cath is on her own, completely outside of her comfort zone. She's got a surly roommate with a charming, always-around boyfriend, a fiction-writing professor who thinks fan fiction is the end of the civilized world, a handsome classmate who only wants to talk about words . . . And she can't stop worrying about her dad, who's loving and fragile and has never really been alone.

For Cath, the question is: Can she do this?

Can she make it without Wren holding her hand? Is she ready to start living her own life? Writing her own stories?

And does she even want to move on if it means leaving Simon Snow behind?


Amazing story!! I started this book knowing almost nothing about it. Which I love to do. The plot was amazing. You find out things that I really did not expect. Tables turn, plot twists. Just amazing. The pace goes fast when nothing important is happening and kind of slow when something is, which is amazing.

The writing style was great and amazing and I have to admit I fell in love with this book. The way that at the end of each chapter there's a Simon Snow fragment from the books or from the fanfiction. Is amazing. I felt like some times that fragment was relatable to what was happening at that moment with Cather and what she was feeling at that moment.

My favorite Character is Levi. Gosh Levi! The smile and the hair and just everything ahh. Even when I was supposed to be mad at him, I just couldn't! I couldn't, he's just the best. I want a Levi.
Reagan is my second favorite because come on. She's so badass and has a whatever attitude.
Cather is just like me in so many ways. I could relate to her from the first chapter already.

Well, I can't talk about the relationships without spoiling so.. we'll skip that.

I recommend this book to everyone please read it. It will make you so happy. And I request a second book please. It was too good to be over so soon.
I. Need. More. Levi.

★★★★★ on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment