Image Map

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Review Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson

Synopsis:
The Pre-Sloane Emily didn't go to parties, she barely talked to guys, she didn't do anything crazy. Enter Sloane, social tornado and the best kind of best friend—the one who yanks you out of your shell.But right before what should have been an epic summer, Sloane just... disappears. No note. No calls. No texts. No Sloane. There’s just a random to-do list. On it, thirteen Sloane-selected-definitely-bizarre-tasks that Emily would never try... unless they could lead back to her best friend. Apple Picking at Night? Ok, easy enough.Dance until Dawn? Sure. Why not? Kiss a Stranger? Wait... what?

Getting through Sloane’s list would mean a lot of firsts. But Emily has this whole unexpected summer ahead of her, and the help of Frank Porter (totally unexpected) to check things off. Who knows what she’ll find?

Go Skinny Dipping? Um...


Everyone had so many great things to say about this book so i decided, why not? and it takes place in this time of the year, summer, which would be a perfect summer read.

The story is told by Emily, and it starts at the beginning of the summer. The plot goes sometimes to the past where you get to know moments of Emily and Sloane together. At the beginning I don't know why but the plot didn't seem too interesting for me apart from the list. I decided to still give it a try since I had already started reading it and I can't just stop reading a book, which I am glad I did. Because around chapter  I FINALLY got into the story which i ended up loving, the book is great.

At first I didn't really like Emily, because while being in her shell I thought she was just too annoying. But then you see some character growth and specially that is what kept me interested in the story, how Emily was finally deciding for herself instead of being dragged by Sloane to do things.

The love interests AHHHHHHHHH <3 just perfect.

I recommend this book, because it might not have worked so much in the beginning for me, but a lot of people loved it and its a really great summer read.


★★★★ on Goodreads

1 comment:

  1. I've had yet to read this, but I will soon! :)

    Btw, I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. Please check my link below for instructions.

    http://awhimsicalreader.blogspot.com/2014/07/liebster-award-yey.html

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete