Image Map

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Review: In Lucia's Eyes (Een schitterend gebrek) by Arthur Japin.

This is a book I had to read for dutch so I read the dutch version of it. The only thing I knew about it was that it was like about true love and sacrifice.

This story in the beginning did work for me the plot kept going back and forth in time I think it was 2 or 3 different times in Lucia's life. Till the first 2 meet each other and keep on to catch on to the third. At first this was very confusing to me. I can read dutch but it doesnt go as easy as english. So I had a bit of difficulty. 

Some points in the book it gets so deep like questioning reasons of our existence and stuff. I really liked that.

The book is very descriptive about the characters. Its written in Lucia's point of view and her way of thinking just blows your mind. Sometimes the writing is very 'quotable' and beautiful.

The relationship between Young Lucia and Giacomo (If you dont know who im talking about its okay) was de cutest one ever. Like the summer they spent together and then all of the promises they made. It was a strong love but yet so innocent. It's a love that is so sweet and innocent. Ah♥

My favorite part of the book is the training Lucia got and when she meets Zelide (not sure I pronounced it correctly)

Lucia is a very strong woman and all the things she does for the innocent love she keeps in her memory is just unbelievable.

JAMIESON IS THE BOSS I LOVE THAT MAN HE DESERVES A MEDAL.

I realized who Giacomo was after I read the aggreements and stuff. I feel stupid.

What I would change about it is that some parts just drift off andher thought about a subject become too much. Those I would cut off. For the rest. Awesome story.

I would recommend this to anyone that loves love.

★★★★ on Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment